Friday, May 9, 2008

iPod it! Godzilla

Blogger thought I was spamming, what with all the links to May My Run. So, they shut the blog down for awhile. But, after I told blogger that I was in fact, a human being, they opened it back up.

So, lets celebrate with my favorite warm up tune. Blue Oyster Cult's Godzilla. For our added enjoyment, here's the song being performed live. After the monologue that talks about how great pot is, the song gets down to its serious rocking, complete with a drum solo that rocks so hard the drummer has to put on a Godzilla head just to justify it. Plus, the bass rift just before the drum solo = win.



I've always liked this song because, well, who doesn't like Godzilla? Personally, I feel a certain kinship with the monster. I have a strong desire to work hard and get a sweaty t-shirt. He has a strong desire to bitchslap Tokyo. At any rate, the combination of good old fashioned rocking and lyrics that talk about destruction are good in my book.

If you want your rocking condensed to the original version but with cuts of Godzilla dominating...



OH NO! THERE GOES TOKYO! OH NO, GODZILLA!

No comments: