Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Trying to make up for a week in a day

I had been fairly lazy lately. Granted, I did mow my lawn over the weekend. No small feat, considering how tall the grass was. Plus, I bought a push mower. Fully self powered. So, I got a work out in then, but other than that....its been lazy.

So, with today's weather being perfect (70 degrees, 18% humidity) I went for a two mile run after work. Standard route. I made sure to keep my tempo up for the whole run. I made myself work, and it paid off with a good run.

However, that wasn't enough. I did 15 sit-ups and 10 push ups after the run. Its been awhile since I did either of those exercises, so it should be interesting to see how those muscle groups feel in the morning.

The one benefit to working as hard as I did today...is I felt slimmer. SOmething about a good workout makes me feel fit and athletic. I try to avoid the mirrors while feeling this way. No sense spoiling that magic.


Wednesday weigh-in...I come in at 215 pounds. So, slowly but surely I'm working off some weight. Its going to take a big time effort if I'm to get to 199 by the end of June. That may not happen, but if I can work hard and still drops some pounds, it will be pretty beneficial. I'm not on The Biggest Loser or anything.

No comments: