Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Back Where I Was

Last Spring, I had big plans. I was going end out the school year well, springboard into summer, and lose all the weight. I mean, I even wrote a, admittedly fairly uninspiring, post about it.  Actually, re-reading that maybe sheds some light onto why it didn't pan out: I wasn't excited about it. But, that's for another day.

So, at least in my head anyways, I had these plans. Oh man, they were going to be great. I was going to come back to school in August, and everyone would take notice that I was in shape. New year, new Mr. Hoffmann, all that good stuff.

Except, I gained 7 pounds over the summer. Suddenly, my plans for my pants to fit easier was no more. I suppose seeing the scale at 257 was something of a wake-up call. When you are technically not supposed to use ladders, kayaks, and various other things, on account of being above 250 pounds, it is a shock to the system.

So, I put in the efforts. I started using the elliptical (I seriously love the elliptical), used some weights, tracked food on Lose It, and have been doing so since the beginning of August.

And now, I'm down to 249.

I'm excited, the scale reads under 250. But, part of me is sad too. This was where I thought I'd be starting from. I think about those 8 pounds and think of where I'd be if they were lost from 250.

Of course, 249 isn't the end goal. 240 isn't the end goal. I still have a ways to go the reach that. But hey, a start is a start. I need to keep pushing, keep at it. That is what I plan to do this time around.

Here's to the next eight pounds.

No comments: