Sunday, March 15, 2009

Thanks, Map My Run, for the failure

First off, I've downloaded this song because its in every Geico ad. I feel like you should watch the video. I'd work out to this.



So, I have been real lazy about...oh, everything lately. So, I decided that with the advent of good weather to break out the bike. I had a ten-mile route planned and was ready to go. Here's the route, thanks to our friends at Map my Run.



This route goes well until we get to about here.




This is when the bike ride gets interesting. This road is not paved. Its not even gravel. Its covered with rocks. I took this picture with my phone to illustrate the rocks. In the foreground is a mini-Krackel bar.




I was NOT riding on this. Did I mention it was down and up a hill? It was.

Now, you'll notice that Bryant Lane connects with the Hotze Road via Henderson Lane. In fact, it does not. It comes to the back of an elderly care center. If you think this is awkward, you basically summed up my opinion. I walked my bike far from any windows and once I got on the parking lot was able to ride out of there. Not sure if anyone saw me, but it was...um...weird.

Now, excuse me, I have to design a new 10 mile route.

Alan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for songs that appear in Geico commercials. That's how I discovered Royksopp (from the caveman in the airport commercial). TOTALLY AWESOME.
Ike