Saturday, March 28, 2009

Back to it

So, I have been what as known around the running world as "lazy as f***". Its a technical term. Seriously, I have not been working out very much at all. I walk to work on a regular basis, but that is all of three blocks. Not exactly breaking a sweat here.

I have added to my running apparel arsenal. Behold the track jacket:


Paleness to scale.

Yeah! That looks badass! And indeed it does. I dawned it this afternoon in 50 degree and drizzly conditions and set out, not knowing what to expect. 

The jacket did the trick. Kept me warm (even had to roll up the sleeves on occasion). The route was a four-miler. That said, upon consulting Map My Run when I got home, I found I lobbed off a few blocks. That's ok.

The run started off decent. I didn't run very hard, just getting back into it. After a little over a mile, I picked up the pace a bit. I never really went hard, but was able to work up a sweat.  It a was a decent run. I could have gone harder, but I didn't want to push myself. In later days (and this time, I mean DAYS) I'll do that.

All in all, a good run. And I think I looked cool with the track jacket.


No comments: