Monday, November 17, 2008

I do not recommend limping 3 miles

I went out for a run on Sunday, and it could be called a miserable experience for several reasons.

1) Wind. Running in the cold sucks. Running in the cold with wind? More so. Running into said win? There is no adjective to describe the suckiness of that.

2) I got the hiccups at one point. Yeah, running when your diaphragm decides to suddenly involuntarily contracts (thank eMedicine!) is a blast. Really helps getting into a rhythm.

On top of that, my foot was bothering me. It had been doing this at the end of my runs as of late, and I thought it was just fatigue from repeatedly putting a lot of pressure on my foot over a two hour period. Running can be a strenuous thing and these things are almost expected.

However, this time...the pain started at mile 2.5. I tried to gut it out, but nope. I decided that it simply was not going to happen today, I may have decided this a bit late. Decide for yourself, using this handy map.




I don't know how long it took me to get home. A while is a good way to put it.

I went to the doctor today. X-rays negative. Hooray! Maybe its tendonitis. Boo! Let's see what the interwebs have to say about tendonitis.

Walking or running up hill, i.e. golf courses or marathon running can be the catalyst for tendonitis in the foot.

Treatment: Cease all sporting activities and try and stay off your feet as much as possible.

I have physical therapy on Wednesday. We'll see what happens. I hope I can run the half marathon in two weeks...but we'll see.

Alan

1 comment:

soulclimberchick said...

Best photoshopping skillz ever. I hope I get to see you when you come to town!!