Sunday, September 18, 2016

Holding pattern

For the first time in six weeks, the weekly scale check has not yielded progress. I have held steady at 246.8 pounds.

OK, so I check my weight a lot. It has become a go to activity that I do when waiting for the shower to heat up, and so it's not unusual to weigh myself twice a day (or more, just for curiosity's sake). One thing that has struck me during the process is how much your body weight fluctuates during the day. I remember one day I weighed myself to find that I had gained two pounds, and then after a work out at the end of the day, had lost four pounds from there. So, I don't put a lot of stake in the daily ups and downs, as long as the general trend continues.

It was a bit odd to see the scale stay the same. I felt like I had done my usual routine and had been ok with my food (I am not exactly on a strict diet). But, I did continue on with workouts and steps, and will continue to do so.

Overall, I've lost ten pounds so far. I'm hopeful that I can continue to lose weight at about two pounds per week. And here's hoping that next week, the downward trend continues.

No comments: